Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Return of the late night visitor

Some of you might remember my post a couple weeks ago about being woken up in the middle of the night by my cat having a panic attack about a raccoon that was peering in the window. Well, Sunday morning, I opened the blinds of that same window (the one off the fire escape), and this is what I saw.



The little bugger was getting a good day's sleep right on my fire escape, and using my potting soil as a pillow to boot. Note the rear paw hanging down between the slats of the fire escape... relaxed much? I snapped a couple photos, and then thought well, I don't exactly like having a raccoon using my fire escape as its bed. So I banged on the window, and after several times, I finally woke him up, and got this reaction...



"Excuse me. I'm trying to sleep here!" Continued banging just prompted more "why are you bothering me?" looks, so I gave up. He wasn't really doing any harm anyway. Within a few minutes, he was sound asleep again, this time curled up like a cat or dog.



He's actually kind of cute, no? Much less frightening in the daylight, that's for sure. The little fellow ended up sleeping there most of the day, at least 4-5 hours, and Marlie (my kitty) never even noticed he was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Be advised that any comments including abusive language and/or personal attacks will not be approved.