Thursday, April 16, 2009

Problem Solving Crochet Projects

My plastic bag situation is not pretty. I try to remember to bring my canvas bags when I go shopping, but I still manage to accumulate plastic bags faster than I use them. They're currently stuffed inside a large plastic bag that's living in my kitchen closet. And because of the placement of the rod in the closet, the hangers all stick out, which means that the door doesn't like to close. So I get to look at this giant plastic bag overflowing with more plastic bags all the time.

I had been thinking about getting one of these do-hickies for a while, but they are just so ugly. And then I came up with the idea to make something similar, but crocheted in nice yarn. Here's a picture of the one I'm making for my apartment, still in the early stages. The yarn I used is Bernat Berella 4, which I had leftover from the afghan I made about two years ago. So not only is it not ugly white plastic, but it actually matches! :) Here's a picture in the early stages. It's about 12" now and I'm probably about 3/4 of the way through the skein. I think I'll just finish off the skein so I can fit lots and lots of bags in it.


Oh, and I plan to make one of these for my etsy shop, but made out of wool and felted. So stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Be advised that any comments including abusive language and/or personal attacks will not be approved.